Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Today Was Better

Today was much better than yesterday.  I wasn’t really sad and ate fairly healthy.  Also, although I always knew I used food as a comfort (especially when I stopped smoking 2 ½ years ago), it wasn’t until last night that I realized I used it to cloche nearly every emotion.  Yesterday, I was feeling mildly depressed and ate a ridiculous amount of food because of it.  I need to find another way of dealing with issues that arise in my life, possible by actually dealing with them head on, but let’s not jump the gun.  One thing at time!
Had a another epiphany last night (I always hesitate to use the word “epiphany” as it reminds me of The  Metamorphosis and there are no words to describe how much I hate that story and in turn Franz Kafka)  Another thing that will sound so stupid, but I really need to learn how to stop eating when I’m full.  This is sadly new teritiory for me.  For whatever reason, I often will just continue to eat until there is nothing left on my plate or I’m about to explode.  Sadly the nothing on my plate scenario usually won though.  So this is yet another new resolve.  
I’ve gone without sleeping pills for 1 week now and last night was the first night I had insomnia.  Only got about 5 hours of sleep and I started crashing a bit while I was cleaning.  Actually, I’m starting to crash again as I write this. 
I did walk today, but inside my house.  It was a little too cold for me to walk this morning so I just walked in my house.  Although, my house seems to always think it’s opposite day (You Can’t DO that on Television reference!) as the inside is freezing in the winter and hot in the summer!  But anyway, I walked my for my usual hour and fifteen minutes, but it only added up to 1.4 miles on my pedometer.  Maybe my pedometer thinks it’s opposite day too!
Breakfast:  What has become my typical.  Oatmeal sweetened with blueberries and coffee with honey and Irish Crème creamer(that seems redundant)

Lunch:  Leftovers from last night.  Half of a lemon rosemary chicken breast over whole grain brown rice, carrots, green beans, and fruit salad

Mid-Day snack: Mini Clif Chocolate Chip Peanut Cluster Bar (so good!) and a thing of 100 calorie popcorn.  I would like to say that inspite of the "24 pack", I assure you I didn't eat 24.  Sadly, only 1

Dinner:  Same as lunch, minus the fruit and plus a salad that had a little feta cheese.  Oh, it was so good.

Desserts: I had about 2/3 of the pistachio pudding (I used fat-free milk and it just wasn’t that good) and a Snackwells chocolate cereal bar (it’s like my new crack!)

No comments:

Post a Comment