Friday, January 27, 2012

Well as I type this, my body is aching from exercise; it is so not use to this. Although I did do a lot of walking during student teaching, it was just different, plus it was almost 2 months ago. Today I didn’t walk as much today, 2.75 miles rather than 3 miles, but still better than nothing.  I say it that way as I really do want to either increase or stay steady with the amount of exercising while I’m not working.  I also did the stair steps thing on my porch and there was actually traffic on my street this time.  Luckily I have given up caring if people think I’m a dork or weirdo a long time ago; my favorite Muppet has been Gonzo since I was around 6.
 I am already calling it now that I won’t be walking tomorrow, but will still like to get in some situps, time with weights, and stair steps.  Going to a wedding tomorrow, where I will again meet my arch nemesis, wedding cake.  DEAR GOD THERE IS NOTHING MORE DELICIOUS IN THIS WORLD THAN WEDDING CAKE!!!  Goal for tomorrow, apart from exercise, is only one piece rather than my traditional 2 or 3.  Yup, I said 2 or 3 totally unflinching!  My husband totally knows the drill on this during weddings and a friend suggested a while back that we have a champagne and wedding cake party, which I am still totally down for, just in moderation!
Another trick I have just tried and seems to be working in the war on slowing down to eat and getting enough water is to actually stop and take a sip or gulp of water after every or every other bite.  I realize this sounds absurd, but it seems to work thus far.
Breakfast:  Honey Nut Cheerios, with blueberries and skim milk.  Coffee with honey and Amartto (SHOCKING!) creamer.

Lunch:  The last of the chicken curry leftovers; still quite good.  Also a huge amount of broccoli and a clementine.

Dinner:  Outback; I decided to go to there.  I did have all the things I wanted, but in a much healthier way.  Instead of the whole loaf of bread, slathered in butter, I had a small piece with a little butter.  I had a side salad with no croutons and half of what they would normally put on as cheese and dressing.  My steak was a 6 oz. rather than the usually 9 oz. and I had steamed green beans (with no butter) instead of my usual loaded baked potato.  Although I did sneak a small bite of hubby pants mashed potatoes.



Dessert:  My husband and I split the smaller version of the standard portion of a chocolate covered brownie.  Although it was exceptionally hard, I let him have the majority of the brownie, but oh dear god, I enjoyed what I did eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment