Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Oh, It Keeps Getting Better!

Today was also a great day!  I know that I started this blog to talk about food/weight loss/getting in better shape, but it has naturally already morphed a little to include mind and spirit, along with body.   It sounds so freaking cheesy, but by just starting writing this every day, I feel like I have taken control of my life.  Going off of sleeping pills is something I never thought I could do, but it has gone pretty well so far!  I know there will be those times where something big is happening the next day and I need to get a good, guaranteed night’s sleep and  I will take it then.  I don’t think there is anything wrong with taking them sometimes. But they weren’t designed to be taken for 14 years, at least I don’t think so. 
I got caught up applying for jobs (some of them have a simulated scenarios question session that can take up to an hour!) and folding laundry (months’ worth that have been laundered, used, re-laundered, and sitting in a basket in my laundry room!) so I didn’t exercise.  However, I have decided that I need to make exercise more of a priority and do it in the morning so I won’t get distracted. I call my distractions the Big Shiny Red Ball Syndrome.  This is where you are talking and see something shiny or moving and totally lose your train of thought or become so distracted that you forget there is something you need to do.  I hope to not suffer from this damn affliction anymore!
Happy to report not much late night snacking.  A very small amount of chocolate chips and a very, very small bowl of the baked chicken curry.  Sadly, this is a vast improvement so I’m going with it!
I also drank the recommended 64 ounces of water today!  Right now, it’s the small victories in life that are making me happy!
Breakfast: Properly portioned out Honey Nut Cheerios with fat-free milk and coffee with one teaspoon of both honey and Amaretto creamer (I love almonds and anything almond flavored so much!).  I had originally wanted to make oatmeal as I just bought fresh strawberries and blueberries, but just didn’t have the energy this morning, due to the new sleeping schedule.  Yes, I didn’t have energy to make instant fat-free oatmeal; that’s just sad!

Lunch: Leftovers from last night’s dinner.  Baked Chicken Curry with brown rice, green beans, and steamed broccoli (it’s sad, but as much as I love eating broccoli, I don’t know how to spell it!  My spell check has to correct me every time!)

Snack/Lunch Dessert/Fruit: Weird inadvertent home-made apple sauce.  It’s inadvertent as it was meant to be baked apples, but apparently they were overbaked and turned into mush.  That’s ok; it’s still really good and I like the chopped walnuts and raisins that give it a good and different texture than normal applesauce.

Dessert:  Yup, not only did I have a donut, but I had it before dinner.  Take that mom!  I have no problem that I did this, because I only 1 instead of the 3 or 4 I could easily eat.  And I savored each bite of that new flavor of dark chocolate iced glazed.  Krispy Kreme are truly amazing as the manage to combine to amazing loves of my life: yeast rolls and glaze!  Argue all you want, but Krispy Kreme’s are just yeast rolls dipped in delicious sugar.  But I digress, the TV was on a lot today while I was looking, applying for jobs, and folding laundry and oddly enough, people were eating donuts a lot on TV today.  Yeah, I can be easily lead to buy food as I was today.

Dinner:  Leftovers again, but I was ok with it.  I really do enjoy that baked chicken curry.

No comments:

Post a Comment