Monday, January 23, 2012

A Better Day

Today was a new day indeed.  I feel like a Sting song should be playing as I wrote that.  But I'm getting it back together now, I'm happy to say. It was rather rainy out, so I did crazy laps in my house; I wonder if I can wear down my hardwood floor by doing this?  According to the pedometer, I walked 2 miles; not as good as Saturday, but better than sitting on my fat butt!
Breakfast:  I made oatmeal with fat-free milk, a dash of sugar, and ridiculous amount of chopped strawberries.  I made it according to the directions and it was just way too much; I actually only ate half.  So I plan on cutting the directions in half next time.

Lunch:  Leftovers from yesterday.  Taco salad with one taco shell and copious amounts of veggies and rice.  I also took my time eating, as suggested by Judy Greer’s show http://screen.yahoo.com/women/reluctantly-healthy/

Dinner: Again, leftovers from last night’s dinner.  Although it looks like a lot of food, and it was, most of what was in the taco salad was veggies.  When I used to have taco night at my house, I would always make taco salads with a lot of taco shells, cheese, and almost no veggies.

Snack: A small bowl of rice.  I just couldn’t help myself.  Next time I make this rice, I think I will try making it with brown rice instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment