Sunday, January 29, 2012

It's About That Time

Sadly, I have Marky Mark lyrics in my head now, which really does not make me happy! So, I was actually way happier aboot (in honor of my Canadian Mom) my weigh in results than expected.  As mentioned earlier, I know that I could have done better, but weddings are more of a weakness than I expected.  I do think it’s good to know that now, so I know what to look out for.  And thanks for the kind words over the past couple of days; much appreciated!
I didn’t exercise today, but did manage to walk all over the State museum and Wal-Mart (which feels about as big as the museum) for a combined total of 3 hours, so that is something.  Again, not as good as real walking, but I actually made a concerted effort to take the stairs at the museum (I normally take the elevator; oh yes, I was that lazy, oh yes!)
Had brunch at my favorite place to have brunch in my hometown (yup, totally have favorite restaurants in different cities and I then even subcategorize those!  And I also have favorite bakeries in different cities.), Gourmet Shop.  I switched up what I normally got.  I did not get my normal sandwich on a croissant with cheddar cheese.  I also choice a healthier alternative to the tomato, basil, feta pasta salad that I used to send my husband to buy by the pound.   I still enjoyed the crap out of that meal, but just in a healthier way.
Brunch: Medium Rare Roast Beef sandwich on multi-grain bread, with lettuce, tomato, and Dijon vinaigrette and a fruit salad.  I also had coffee and water.

Snacks I had throughout the day:  I had the mini Clif bar in between the museum and going grocery shopping(never go shopping hungry; you’re just asking for trouble!)  I later had the blood orange; I thought it would be fun to get something a little different and it was super yummy to.  Ok, need to find another word for yummy; can’t sound like Rachel Ray in any way shape or form!  I later had half of the almond and coconut bar and holy shit balls, that was just amazing!

Dinner:  Skillet Herbed chicken (of a Campbell soup can) with a little brown rice, green beans, and way over seasoned carrots.  I was pretty happy with this meal, however I have finally found that it is possible to use to much garlic, which I never thought was possible.

Dessert:  Fruit I chopped up earlier: strawberries, blueberries, and honeydew.

No comments:

Post a Comment