Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wow, My Arms Will Be Hurting Tomorrow!

Although today was a great day, I need to unfortunately admit the mass amount of food I ate last night. I had about 20 tortilla chips, 1 mini Clif chocolate chip peanut cluster bar, and a full plate of rice and chicken and green beans, similar to the plate I had for dinner last night.  Again, I need to learn to just stop, but it’s really hard to break that cycle.  Working on it though!


I did go for a walk, but not nearly as long as last week.  I wanted to walk longer, but I have a 4 job fairs on Saturday at 4 different locations, so I really need to concentrate on practicing interview questions, and every other thing I need to do to get ready for that.  But I got in 1 ½ miles. Also, I tried jogging my last block back to my house.  This little experiment proved 2 things.  First, I am even more out of shape than I thought.  Secondly, if I ever do that again, dear god I will need a running bra.  Seriously, it was a bad news bears, Dolly Parton sort of situation.  UGH.  I also originally only did 50 stair steps, 50 sit-ups, and 3 different exercises with dumbbells doing 50 reps each.  But then a friend called and was really encouraging.  Plus we talked about getting our annual tattoo and this one will be on my arm, so that was so more motivation.  I then repeated doing the same amount of reps for the stair stepping , sit-ups, and dumbbell exercises.  Thanks Jeannie!
Breakfast:  Honey Nut Cheerios with fat free milk and coffee sweetened with honey and Irish Crème creamer.

Lunch:  One of my favorite Lean Cuisine Peanut Chicken with a bowl of fruit.

Snack: Mini Clif mini chocolate chip peanut cluster bar.

Dinner:  “ Weekday lasagna” This is a recipe I used to make all the time, but I tweaked it and made it a little healthier.  I used whole grain pasta instead of white, I added lots of veggies and instead of using 8 oz. of mozzarella cheese, I used 4 oz. of feta (which makes everything better!)  I had a copious amount of peas, yummy, yummy peas.

Snack:  I’m actually eating this as I type it, but I’m having celery with Sambra’s Roasted Red Pepper hummus( It’s on sale at Publix and my hubby was nice enough to get me stocked up.  It really is one of my favorite snacks.)

No comments:

Post a Comment