Tuesday, February 7, 2012

An Explanation Of Sorts

So something happened a little over the weekend, which I won’t go into, that I just really, really was not expecting.  Often times, when I was faced with something that wasn’t necessarily good and certainly unexpected, I would binge eat, get sad, and not do much.  Well, that’s exactly what happened.  Although I did marginally stop myself from eating as much as I wanted, it still was quite bad.  For example, I know that I ate a pound of tomato, basil, and feta pasta salad from one of my favorite cafés on Sunday.  I also just didn’t get out of my PJ’s all that much and if I did, I kind of did the bare minimum for the day.  I watched a lot of horrible TV, that I secretly love, most of which was on Bravo.  But yesterday, late in the evening I decided enough was enough and that I was going to get back to the program.  When I’m exercising and eating fairly healthy foods, I just feel better about myself and also have so much more energy.  I also watched a show on TLC about a 600 pound woman and her road to getting healthy, which was quite inspiring!  So to paraphrase Mark Renton (yes, I’m making a Trainspotting reference about getting healthy which is just weird and kind of wrong on a lot of levels) : I choose live.  I know that I will stumble again, but just like now, I have to be willing to pick myself back up again!

1 comment: