Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Ahhhhh, Beginning Yet Once Again

So today for the most part was quite successful.  I woke up and ate a sensible breakfast and worked out for 2 hours today.  Most of it was my 3 mile walk, but also did a ludicrous amount of sit-ups, stair stepping, lifting weight and other such exercises.  I know that in the real world, I won’t be able to do this, but I’m enjoying it while I can do it.
Today is my father’s birthday, but sadly he died 7 years ago.  I say this because food was always a huge part of my family and everything we did whether it was a celebration or enduring sorrow revolved in some way around food.  In the past years on his birthday, I would eat large quantities of the food he enjoyed, which I generally enjoy as well.  And this year, I did have some food that wasn’t great for me, but it was just dessert rather than dinner and every other meal.  I realize this might sound like a minute  change, but as I said I don’t want to change everything about the way I eat, but rather to try and eat healthier and still enjoy myself and the food I eat.
Breakfast: Oatmeal sweetened with a touch of honey and raisins.  And coffee in the usual manor.

Lunch:  Had lunch with a dear friend at one of my favorite restaurants.  I had a giant Greek salad (sadly I did eat most of this!) I also had a small dessert that was cashews and honey wrapped in Phyllo dough.


Dinner:  Low calorie lemon chicken stir-fry over brown rice.  I added way more veggies than it called for and sadly overcooked some.  This was the first time I prepared this recipe, so I know what to change for next time.

Dessert:  In honor of my pops (and truthfully I wanted it) a hot brownie sundae with praline ice cream, pecans, carmel, and whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment