Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Stupid Artifical Holiday

Yes I am a female, but dear god I hate Valentine’s Day so much.  I am married and adore my husband, but I think we both equally hate February 14th.  But what is so annoying is that being that I am a girl, I feel like I have a slight propensity to care at least a small amount about this stupid holiday that’s  mascot is a winged toddler that’s been given a weapon ( Seriously, that’s just weird!).  When I think of Valentine’s Day cuisine, I usually think of French or Italian food.  So as a way of me giving a delicious middle finger to Valentine’s Day, I’m cooking Indian food; oh, I can already feel that warm curry in my belly!
And I kicked that treadmill’s ass today!  Walked 2.5 miles and burned 350 calories.  I wanted to do more than yesterday as I knew I would be eating a lot tonight!  Also did 400 weight lights with my 5 pound weights and 120 sit-ups.  Again, this is all because I knew I would be eating delicious, fattening goodness that is Indian food.  Although I am sore, I’m not as sore as I thought I’d be. 
Breakfast: Plain Cheerios in skim milk and coffee

Lunch: Leftovers from dinner.  6 in. oven roasted chicken sub on 9 grain hone wheat with loads of veggies.

Dinner:  Dosa with chutney as an appetizer (This is truly one of my favorite foods of all time.  There is absolutely nothing you need to add, which is rare in food to me.) This was followed by butter chicken over basmati rice, naan, and perhaps the best accidental food ever, curried mashed potatoes.  I was originally intending on making curried potatoes, but unfortunately boiled the potatoes a little too long.  So, I figured out a way to make it work and made one of my favorite dishes ever!


Dessert:  A Baskin Robbins Love Potion No. 31 cake bite.  It was pretty good, but not great.

2nd Dinner:  I just wanted more curry and I also had the last of the mashed potatoes.  Sorry I didn’t take a picture of the potatoes, but it was about the size of an egg.  And I will be honest, it took a lot to not go back for more curry.

Snackies:  Had half of the Valentine’s Day candy I got from my hubby.  I had 1 Crunchy Bar (God, I love those things!) and 5 Ferrero Rocher (Quite possible the best luxury candy that is usually available most places.)

No comments:

Post a Comment