Sunday, February 12, 2012

Well, I was quite happy after my weight in this morning.  I am going to San Francisco in June, so I want to try and set a goal for myself; I would like to lose at least 2 pounds a week, which would take to right under 200 pounds for my trip.  I haven’t been that in probably around at least 8 years, so it would be a really nice accomplishment.  I like setting goals for myself (realistic goals!) as it gives me something specific to work for. 
While I had a sensible breakfast and dinner, lunch was certainly a bad news bears situation! I honestly didn’t realize how much I had eaten until it was far too late.  I had lunch at 11:30 and didn’t have dinner or even a snack until 8 (while that may be normal for some, it’s not for me.)  The worst part is not only was it too much food, but it gave me such gut rot; my stomach did not want to process all of that pork and fat.  But here is the most ironic part about this: after my hubby and I finished eating delicious yet gut churning German food, we immediately went and looked at treadmills.  And we didn’t just look at treadmills; we worked out on them in the store and for a lot longer than you might think.  We also tried the elliptical for a while.  Picture a fat girl in a peacoat, trying her damndest to work hard on that elliptical, while wiener schnitzel and apple strudel were sloshing around her stomach.  IT WAS PRICELESS!  But we did end up buying a treadmill today; a NordicTrack T5.7 and I love it! I didn’t really do much more “typical” working out as my hubbypants was setting up the treadmill and I was moving one of my bookcases and all of my art books (Good god, art books are so freaking heavy!) along with a myriad of other things to get the treadmill up.  But tomorrow, it is so freaking on!!!!
Breakfast: Oatmeal with raisins and cinnamon and coffee.

Lunch:  Oh, German food.  You are a gut bomb, or at least were today!  I started off with a salad and had one potato pancake (was really hard to tell or server no when she asked if we wanted more!).  I wanted to try and include some veggies, so I had baby carrots and green beans, along with German egg noodles, one form of pork with mushroom sauce and a pot roast that was super vinegary.  I had a very small bit of weiner schnitzel and had seconds on the carrots, egg noodles, and pork with mushrooms (I removed most of the breading on the second trip; I can’t imagine how I would have felt had I not done that.)  The hubs and I split the desserts that were offered and both got half of an apple strudel and black forest cake.





Dinner:  Rosemary chicken breast over brown rice, steamed carrots, green beans, and broccoli.

Dessert: The other half of the Fruit and Nut Almond and Coconut bar that I started yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment