Saturday, February 18, 2012

I Tad Tired

So for some crazy reason, I decide today that my career was just a little more important than working out, at least as much as I have for the past couple days.  Considering I just graduated from college and desperately want a job in my field, the career fair outranked it.  But I did manage to get in a little bit of exercise.  About 15 minutes on the treadmill (110 calories) and a little bit of time lifting weights and doing sit-ups. 
I had lunch with a friend from college today and we went to the Gourmet Shop, which really is one of my favorite places.  It was a struggle, but I didn’t order the tomato, basil, feta pasta salad.  However, I did decide to make a healthier version of that for a snack.  I mixed grape tomatoes with cucumber into a tablespoon of a light Dijon vinaigrette dressing and a tablespoon of feta.  I can already call that this is something I will regularly have on hand in my fridge, except with a little less dressing and low-fat feta.  I know that I need to have low calorie snacks on hand.  I am just not that broad that can only eat three small meals a day, nor do I ever want to become that!
Breakfast: Plain Cheerios with a grande Peppermint Mocha.  I did make some small changes to this to make it a little healthier.  I had it with non-fat milk, no whip cream and although this isn’t healthier, an extra shot of espresso.


Lunch:  Possible one of my favorite lunches: Medium Rare Roast Beef on Multi-grain bread with lettuce and tomato and a fruit salad.  This is a picture from when I ate at the Gourmet Shop a while back, but this time I didn’t have coffee or Dijon vinaigrette on the sandwich. (I forgot to bring my phone, thus no new picture.)

Snack:  My husband’s chocolate rugelach (he really can’t leave any pastries around me; it’s sad and unfair, but that’s just how it is.  Also, what is hilarious is that I told him about this and his response was, “Oh, I knew you would eat it!”  Kevan, I love you for buying stuff even though you know I’m going to yank it before you can get it!) I also had the tomato, cucumber, feta salad that I mentioned earlier.


Dinner: Oh, it’s been a while since I’ve had Mexican.  I had chips and salsa and I realize this looks weird, but if I didn’t portion a small amount out, I would just have kept eating them.  I had a chicken fajita, but didn’t use the tortillas.  It came with chips covered with rice and the most amazing cheese dip (oh, and the rice, cheese, chip combo is quite possible the best nacho I have ever had.)  I had a couple of the nacho at first and then decided that I really needed to eat my chicken and green peppers first and then go back for a couple more nachos.  The other photo is because I am really proud of myself that I didn’t eat the whole thing (that took some will power!)



Over at a friend’s house:  She made this amazing smelling green curry, which was so hard to say no to.  However I later crumbled and had a couple of bites and it was the best green curry I’ve ever had!  Thanks for making me like mushrooms Taryn; I really didn’t think that was possible.  I also had a ginger ale with vodka; a delightful combo I hadn’t ever tried. 

Midnight snack (or technically 1AM snack):  Considering I had dinner at around 4pm, I need something in my belly.  This will consist of steamed broccoli and green beans.


No comments:

Post a Comment