Thursday, February 16, 2012

So F---ing TIred!

Well, I am super, super tired today.  I’ve included this picture of what I’ve done on my treadmill today.  Note:  I walked for 1 hour and 8 minutes at a 3.5 incline and at 3.5 M.P.H.  You may ask, why did you burn so many calories today?  Well there are 2 reasons.  The first reason is that I ate way too much the past couple of days and gained probably at least 3 pounds.  The other and I think more importantly, I found out that a dear friend is working her ass off, quite literally.  While I truly want her to do well (and I really do mean that!), I am probably one of the most competitive ladies on this planet.    This comes from my dad; he taught me how to shit talk at the age of 6 while playing Hi Ho Cherrios.  I’M NOT KIDDING!  I love competing and I’m so sorry to my friend; I really do want us to both do well, but oh, it is so on!!!

On the subject of my dad, he died 7 years ago today.  I used to spend these anniversaries by stuffing my gullet with all kinds of unhealthy foods and feeling sorry for myself.  And to be honest, I thought I might do it again this year.  But instead I decided to honor my dad in the weirdest way possible; I ran my ass off even when I wanted to give up and why?  Because I am so ridiculously competitive that I refused to give up.  So I guess this possible a healthy way of honoring my Pops.  I do miss him so much though; he was a super corny man.  He also loved reading so much that he gave up his very well paying job as an accountant to work at a gas station so he would have more time to read.  He also once tried to make a rock fountain, but it just ended up looking like a rock toilet, especially when I put a roll of toilet paper right by it.  It’s things like this that makes me miss him so much, but I’m grateful that I had him as a dad.
Breakfast:  Oatmeal with skim milk, cinnamon, and golden raisins.  And of course, coffee with a splash of cream and honey.

Lunch: Leftovers.  Orange chicken over white rice and broccoli.  Oh so much delicious broccoli!

Dinner:  Dinner salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and a little bit of feta and dressing.  I then had more orange chicken over brown rice, and lots of steamed carrots, broccoli, and green beans.


No comments:

Post a Comment